- Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary M. Schroeder, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2002
- Order of the Coif
- with honors
- Comment Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
B.B.A., School of Business Administration, University of Michigan, 1994
- with distinction
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Ameri Klafeta is of counsel at Eimer Stahl LLP. She has over 10 years of experience in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal court. Ameri’s experience includes complex environmental and product liability litigation, contract disputes, constitutional challenges to state law, consumer class actions, and class action securities fraud cases.
Before joining Eimer Stahl, Ameri was an associate with the San Francisco office of Morrison & Foerster LLP.
- Representing an oil refiner in environmental and product liability actions in state courts and federal multidistrict litigation concerning the alleged contamination of groundwater due to a gasoline blending agent.
- Representing a long-term care insurer in a class action in federal court arising from challenges to claims-handling practices.
- Representing an oil refiner in consumer class actions in federal multidistrict litigation alleging deceptive and misleading practices in the retail sale of motor fuel.
- Representing a corporation in a federal court action against a supplier for the improper termination of contract for the supply of electricity.
- Representing corporations and individuals in federal securities class actions.