J.D., William and Mary School of Law, 1994
- Member of Order of the Coif
M.S. in psychiatric nursing, University of Illinois, 1980
B.S. in nursing, University of Illinois, 1977
B.A. in political science, University of Illinois, 1973
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Chris Johnson is a staff attorney at Eimer Stahl LLP. Chris has broad commercial litigation experience in a variety of areas, including product liability and toxic tort defense, consumer fraud, insurance coverage and various other types of commercial disputes and personal injury cases.
Her toxic tort background includes defense of claims involving dioxin, PCBs and MTBE. In addition, Chris has assisted health care organizations in complying with federal and state regulatory requirements, prepared cases against physicians on behalf of a state regulatory agency, represented pro bono clients in civil rights matters, and worked as a visiting attorney in the in-house legal department of an industrial client.
Some highlights include participating in the successful defense of claims against automobile, oil and pharmaceutical companies, as well as manufacturers of equipment including electronic door opening systems and industrial equipment.
- Defense of a major oil refiner in In re MTBE Products Liability litigation, a multidistrict matter pending in the Southern District of New York, involving claims by local and state governments and private water suppliers that arise out of the use of MTBE in gasoline
- Representation of pro bono clients in civil rights matters in Illinois state court and in the Northern District of Illinois and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defense of nationwide premises liability lawsuits against a major oil refiner