- Law Clerk to the Honorable Joe B. McDade in the Central District of Illinois, Peoria Division
J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2000
B.A., University of Michigan, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
Hong Joon Lee is of counsel at Eimer Stahl LLP. Before joining Eimer Stahl, Hong was an associate at Williams Montgomery & John Ltd.
He is working on the intersection of the practice of law, big data analysis and various applications of machine learning. He has extensive experience in the uses of technology assisted review in the process of ediscovery, such as predictive coding and the application of technology assisted review tools to reviews that feature collections with multiple languages.
Recently managed predictive coding review.
- Represented clients in anti-trust litigation brought in federal courts, including litigation pending in the Northern District of California arising out of the sale of Optical Disk Drives.
- In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, MDL 2002: Direct and indirect class and direct action antitrust lawsuits regarding alleged supply restriction in the eggs industry.
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., et al. v. United Egg Producers, et al., District Court of Wyandotte County, Kansas, Case No. 10-CV-2171: Direct action antitrust lawsuit by multiple plaintiffs under the Kansas Restraint of Trade Act.
- Class action litigation in which plaintiffs alleged various consumer fraud claims against an electronics manufacturer regarding the storage capacity of certain smartphones.
Member of firm’s ediscovery committee
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Anatomy of a Technology Assisted Review OrderSeptember 30, 2015
- Class Actions and Multidistrict Litigation
- Commercial/Contract Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Consumer Fraud
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations
- Environmental, Products Liability and Toxic Torts
- Internal Investigations and Corporate Governance
- Securities and Banking Litigation
- Trademark, False Advertising and Franchisor Litigation