- Law Clerk to the Honorable Philip P. Simon of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- with honors
B.A., University of Notre Dame
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Jacob M. Hamann is an associate at Eimer Stahl LLP. Before joining the firm, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Philip P. Simon of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Before clerking, Jacob was an associate at Hinkhouse Williams Walsh in Chicago.
Jacob has experience in a variety of complex commercial matters in both federal and state courts, including cases involving commercial torts, antitrust, and insurance as well as class actions and multidistrict litigations.
- Defending a group of corporate affiliates in federal court in Delaware against a series of fraudulent transfer actions, in which creditors of foreign sovereign parent corporation seek to hold affiliates liable based on alleged transfers in excess of $2 billion.
- Defended against class action in the Northern District of Illinois in which Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendants, manufacturers of containerboard which is used to make cardboard boxes, conspired to restrict the supply of containerboard in order to increase the price.
- In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation – Defended LG Electronics Inc. in actions alleging price-fixing of optical disk drives brought by numerous businesses and consumers in both class and individual actions.
- Sansone v. Donahoe –Tried employment discrimination case to a jury verdict for maximum damages allowed under statute as pro-bono counsel for plaintiff in conjunction with Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights.
- Ben Waldin and Jacob Hamann quoted in Bloomberg BNA’s Daily Labor Report article, “Postal Worker Wins $1.1 Million in Disability Case"October 16, 2017
- Oct. 2017 - Eimer Stahl Lawyers Win Over $1 Million for Pro Bono Client in Disability Discrimination Case
- Class Actions and Multidistrict Litigation
- Commercial/Contract Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Counseling and Compliance
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations / Antitrust
- Individual and Class Civil Litigation
- Trademark, False Advertising and Franchisor Litigation