J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1995
- cum laude
B.A., University of Michigan, 1992
- with distinction
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Lisa Cipriano is of counsel at Eimer Stahl LLP. She has represented clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association and other organizations. In addition, Lisa has worked on a variety of pro bono matters, including teaching constitutional law to Chicago middle and high school students.
Lisa's experience includes environmental and products liability matters, complex contract disputes, class action securities fraud cases, and accountants' liability cases. Among other matters, Lisa currently represents an oil refiner in suits filed by state governments arising out of the use of MTBE in gasoline.
Before joining Eimer Stahl, Lisa was an associate at Sidley Austin LLP in Chicago. Lisa graduated cum laude from Northwestern University School of Law in 1995. She received her undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Michigan in 1992.
Defending a major oil refiner in a multidistrict litigation in the Southern District of New York involving claims by local and state governments and private water suppliers concerning alleged contamination of groundwater by a gasoline blending agent known as MTBE.
Representing an oil refiner in consumer fraud class actions related to the retail sale of motor fuel.
- Representing a Canadian media company in a complex corporate fraud lawsuit and various related cases.
- Assisting a major accounting firm in obtaining summary judgment in a class action brought by purchasers of the stock of USN Communications.
- In re MTBE Products Liability Litigation.
- Case Law Highlights from the Mid-Continent, Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, Lisa M. CiprianoMay 2017, February 2017, November 2016, August 2016, May 2016, February 2016, October 2015, July 2015, May 2015, February 2015, September 2014
- Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts, Fourth Edition (Public Utility Litigation chapter), American Bar Association Section of Litigation, David M. Stahl and Lisa M. CiprianoDecember 2016
- Energy Antitrust Handbook, Second Edition (2009), Lisa Cipriano (contributor)