J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1997
- with honors
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, DePaul Law Review
B.A., Valparaiso University, 1994
- magna cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Vanessa G. Jacobsen is a partner at Eimer Stahl LLP and co-chairs the firm’s Antitrust Group. She has experience in a wide variety of commercial litigation and arbitration matters, with a particular focus on antitrust litigation, class action defense and agricultural cooperative law. She also has substantial experience prosecuting and defending breach of contract, fraud and business tort cases.
Vanessa has been recognized by Leading LawyersSM in the areas of Antitrust Law and Commercial Litigation. She also has been named a Fellow in The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society of Litigation Counsel of America, a highly-selective honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. She has served as a member of Competition Law360’s Editorial Advisory Board and was appointed to serve on the Antitrust Subcommittee of the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives. Vanessa also is a member of the Antitrust and Litigation sections and the Business Torts Litigation and Class Action committees of the American Bar Association. In addition, she previously completed an appointment by the Supreme Court of Illinois to serve on the Special Supreme Court Committee on E-Business. She also is a member of the Seventh Circuit’s Electronic Discovery Committee.
- In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation, Northern District of California, MDL 2143: Direct and indirect class and direct action antitrust lawsuits against manufacturers of optical disk drives and related products.
- In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, MDL 2002: Direct and indirect class and direct action antitrust lawsuits relating to the egg industry.
- Kleen Products LLC, et al. v. International Paper Company, et al., Northern District of Illinois, Case No. 1:10-cv-05711: Class action antitrust lawsuit against containerboard manufacturers.
- Standard Iron Works v. ArcelorMittal et al. and Related Cases, Northern District of Illinois, Case No. 1:08−CV−05214: Multiple lawsuits alleging Sherman Act violations related to the steel industry.
- Edwards et al. v. National Milk Producers Federation et al. and Related Cases, Northern District of California, Case No. 3:11-cv-04766: Indirect purchaser class actions alleging Sherman Act violations related to the milk industry.
- In re Motor Fuel Temperature Sales Practices Litigation, District of Kansas, MDL 1840: Consumer fraud class actions related to the retail sale of motor fuel.
Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society (highly-selective, invitation-only honorary society composed of less than one half of one percent of American lawyers)
- Antitrust Law
- Commercial Litigation
- AV® Preeminent™
- Leading Lawyers, 2014 & 2015
- Law360.com, March 10, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Lawyers, 2014
- Illinois Supreme Court Press Release, June 8, 2011
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Key Contract TermsDecember 15, 2016
- Antitrust Red Flags, Tyson Foods v. Bouaphakeo, and Enforcing Arbitration ClausesMay 11, 2016
- Developing Relationships Inside Your Firm or OrganizationFebruary 3, 2016
- Antitrust UpdateJanuary 27, 2016
- Identifying and Mitigating Antitrust "Red Flags" in Business TransactionsDecember 1, 2015
- Supreme Court UpdateSeptember 25, 2015
- Class Action Supreme Court UpdateJuly 10, 2013
- Recent Developments in DiscoveryJuly 10, 2013
- Commercial Issues Roundtable: Commercial Contract ProvisionsJanuary 13, 2011
- Electronic Discovery Update: Preservation and ProcessJanuary 27, 2010
- Antitrust Update: The New Administration and Recent Developments in the LawDecember 15, 2009
- Electronically Stored Information: Discovery Under the Federal RulesJanuary 10, 2008
- Commercial/Contract Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Consumer Fraud
- Counseling and Compliance
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations / Antitrust
- Individual and Class Civil Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities and Banking Litigation