J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- cum laude
M.B.A., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- with honors
- Beta Gamma Sigma
B.B.A., George Washington University
- magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Benjamin E. Waldin is an associate at Eimer Stahl LLP. Ben’s practice focuses on complex litigation, including a wide variety of antitrust matters. As a part of his practice, Ben spends significant time working on the legal and strategic matters involved in the admission and presentation of expert testimony.
Prior to attending law school, Ben was a senior consultant at the economic consulting firm Bates White in Washington, DC. As a consultant he supported experts providing testimony in numerous cases spanning monopolization, cartel investigation, merger review, and class action litigation.
- Edwards v. National Milk Producers Federation – Defended Land O’Lakes in class action alleging violations of state and federal antitrust laws by dairy cooperatives.
- State of Illinois v. AU Optronics Corp. - Defended LG Display Inc. in a parens patriae case brought by the Illinois Attorney General alleging violation of state antitrust laws.
- In re Dairy Farmers Of America, Inc. Cheese Antitrust Litigation – Assisted in successful defense of Schreiber Foods Inc. against allegations that it violated antitrust and commodities trading laws.
- In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation – Assisted in defense of LG Electronics Inc. in class action alleging violations of state and federal antitrust laws.
Merger review - Assisted industrial goods company in responding to a second request for information from the Federal Trade Commission concerning its potential acquisition of a competitor.
- Class Actions and Multidistrict Litigation
- Commercial/Contract Litigation
- Counseling and Compliance
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations / Antitrust
- Individual and Class Civil Litigation
- Internal Investigations and Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions