J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1989
- with honors
Johns Hopkins University, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
David Simon is of counsel at Eimer Stahl LLP. He has represented clients in federal and state trial and appellate courts in cases involving antitrust, lender liability, complex contracts, business torts, statutory and regulatory violations, and corporate governance.
Before joining Eimer Stahl, David was a partner at Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon LLP and Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP.
Hawkins v. Commonwealth Edison Co., 2015 IL App (1st) 133678 (dismissal of a class action alleging violation by a utility of a regulatory commission order).
Motorola Mobility LLC v. AU Optronics Corp., 2014 WL 258154 (N.D. Ill. January 23, 2014), aff’d 2015 WL 137907 (7th Cir. Jan. 12, 2015) (partial summary judgment in an antitrust case).
- CITGO Petroleum Corp. v. U.S. Lubes, LLC, 2014 WL 3887773 (E.D. Pa. August 08, 2014) (summary judgment on a breach of contract claim).
- Hale v. Chu, 2009 WL 2601357 (N.D. Ill. Aug. 21, 2009), aff’d 614 F.3d 741 (7th Cir. 2010) (dismissal of a corporate derivative action).
- FE Digital Investments Ltd. v. Hale, 499 F. Supp. 2d 1054 (N.D. Ill. 2007), aff’d 301 Fed. Appx. 540, 2008 WL 5099681 (7th Cir. Dec.1, 2008) (summary judgment on a fraud claim).
- American Land Title Ass'n v. Great American Ins. Co., 2006 WL 1329782 (N.D. Cal. May 16, 2006) (dismissal of a claim for alleged unlawful sale of title insurance).
P.R.S. Intern., Inc. v. Shred Pax Corp., 184 Ill.2d 224 (1998) (summary judgment in a breach of contract case).
- Whirlpool Financial Corp. v. Sevaux, 874 F. Supp. 181 (N.D. Ill. 1996), aff’d 96 F.3d 216 (7th Cir. 1996) (summary judgment in a lender liability case).
- Supreme Court Holds State Statutes of Repose Not Pre-empted by CERCLA, Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, David M. SimonSeptember 2014
- Does McReynolds Provide a Path to Class Certification in ERISA Cases?, Law.com, Brent R. Austin and David M. SimonJuly 25, 2012
- Do Advertising Injury Insurance Policies Cover Antitrust Actions? The Exchange, Insurance and Financial Services Developments, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, David M. Simon (co-author)Spring 2012
- Pragmatism v. Principle: Loss Causation and Basic, Law360, David M. SimonJune 1, 2011
- Increasing Scrutiny of Gov't Contingency Fee Deals, Law360, David M. Simon and Brent R. AustinNovember 2, 2010
- Obtain the Illinois Credit Agreements Act's Broad Protection Against Lender Liability Claims: Choose Illinois Law for Your Financing Agreements, Illinois Venture Capital Association website, David M. SimonMarch 2010
- Contacting Class Members—Before and After Class Certification: The ABA’s View, Product Liability Law & Strategy, David M. Simon, Brent R. Austin, and Nancy F. AfrasiabiApril 2008
- Public Ownership Versus Private Enterprise: State Liquor Distribution Systems Revisited, Economics Against the Grain, Vol. 1, David M. Simon and Julian L. Simon1999
- The Best Defense Against Lender Liability Claims, The Secured Lender, David M. Simon and Richard P. GlovkaMay 1998
- The Effects of Regulations on State Liquor Prices, Empirica, 23:303-316, David M. Simon and Julian L. Simon1996
- Prior Owner of Contaminated Panel Escapes CERCLA Liability, Illinois Environmental Law Letter, David M. SimonMay 1, 1995
- Property Purchasers’ Claims Against Sellers for Leaking USTs Are Limited, Illinois Environmental Law Letter, David M. SimonFebruary 1995
- The Ignored Effect: Taxes and the Calculation of Commercial Damages, Business Lawyer Update, Vol. 12, No. 1, David M. Simon, H. Roderic Heard and Mark W. HallerSeptember 1, 1991