J.D. is Of Counsel at Eimer Stahl in the firm’s Madison and San Jose offices. He focuses his practice on appellate and complex commercial litigation, including labor and employment, products liability, toxic torts, and insurance industry business practices. J.D. has significant experience counseling clients through complex crises and assertions of government authority, including regulatory investigations, enforcement actions, and public-relations inquiries. He also has defended businesses in all stages of state and federal employment litigation, including EEOC, NLRB, DOL, and state civil rights agency investigations, employee misclassification claims, and restrictive covenant lawsuits.
J.D. previously served as Acting Chief Legal Counsel and Deputy Chief Legal Counsel to the Governor of Wisconsin. In those roles, J.D. managed federal and state litigation involving the Governor and his administration. J.D. also served as Director of the Governor’s Office of Regulatory Compliance, ensuring that 20 administrative agencies properly exercised their authority in enforcement actions and the promulgation of over 200 regulations. As the Governor’s counsel, J.D. collaborated with the Wisconsin Department of Justice on over 20 amicus brief filings before the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals.
J.D. served as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit for the Honorable Michael B. Brennan.
- Eimerstahl Insights, February 2021
J.D., Ave Maria School of Law
- Student Bar Association President
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael B. Brennan, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin