J.D. is Of Counsel at Eimer Stahl in the firm’s Madison and San Jose offices. He focuses his practice on class action, commercial, and appellate litigation, including constitutional law, administrative law, employment law, environmental law, TCPA claims, and insurance industry business practices. He also defends businesses in all stages of state and federal employment litigation, including employee misclassification claims, wage and hour claims, discrimination claims, restrictive covenant claims, and EEOC, NLRB, DOL, and state civil rights agency investigations. J.D.’s work has secured victories before the U.S. Supreme Court, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, state and federal appellate courts, and federal district courts nationwide.
J.D. also provides outside general counsel services to international chemical, consumer products, and entertainment companies, with an emphasis in commercial and employment matters. In this role, J.D. has significant experience counseling clients through complex crises and assertions of government authority, including regulatory investigations, risk avoidance, and public-relations inquiries.
Before joining Eimer Stahl, J.D. served as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit for the Honorable Michael B. Brennan. He also served as Acting Chief Legal Counsel and Deputy Chief Legal Counsel to the Governor of Wisconsin. As the Governor’s counsel, J.D. managed federal and state litigation involving the Governor and his administration. He also managed the Governor’s Office of Regulatory Compliance, ensuring that all Wisconsin state agencies properly exercised their authority in enforcement actions and investigations. Throughout his government service, J.D. collaborated with the Wisconsin Department of Justice on over 20 amicus brief filings before the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals.
- January 6, 2022
- Eimer Stahl Attorneys File Amici Brief on Behalf of Mothers Against Drunk Driving and the California State Sheriffs’ Association to Help Combat Drunk and Drugged Driving in CaliforniaOctober 8, 2020
- September 23, 2020
- February 15, 2022
- EimerStahl Insights, February 2021
J.D., Ave Maria School of Law
- Student Bar Association President
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Michael B. Brennan, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin