J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2005
B.A., University of Illinois, 2002
- Study abroad, Panchgani, India
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Shelly Geppert is of counsel at Eimer Stahl LLP. Shelly concentrates her practice in civil litigation with a focus on environmental, products liability and toxic tort matters. Shelly defends a major oil company in ongoing state and multidistrict litigation involving federal and state statutory claims and common law tort claims arising from alleged widespread contamination of groundwater by a gasoline component. Shelly handles a wide variety of discovery and expert related issues, including deposing witnesses and working with testifying and consulting experts.
Shelly is currently Co-Chair of the American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources' Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee. Shelly also serves as Vice Chair for the Section's Fall Conference Planning Committee and the Section's Special Committee on Young Lawyers, and is the Section representative on the ABA Working Group on Task Based Billing Codes.
Shelly is also a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers and a Field Associate of The Field Museum of Chicago. As a Field Associate, Shelly works with other young professionals to promote and support the Museum's scientific endeavors.
Represents a major oil company in ongoing state and multidistrict litigation involving claims of nuisance, negligence, trespass and natural resource damages.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The Next Generation of Toxic TortsABA, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources' 2018 Conference, April 2018
- Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, Shelly Geppert (co-editor)2014-2015