J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- cum laude
M.B.A., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- with honors
- Beta Gamma Sigma
B.B.A., George Washington University
- magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Benjamin E. Waldin is an associate at Eimer Stahl LLP. Ben’s practice focuses on complex litigation, including a wide variety of antitrust matters. As a part of his practice, Ben spends significant time working on the legal and strategic matters involved in the admission and presentation of expert testimony.
Prior to attending law school, Ben was a senior consultant at the economic consulting firm Bates White in Washington, DC. As a consultant he supported experts providing testimony in numerous cases spanning monopolization, cartel investigation, merger review, and class action litigation.
- In re: Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation – Defending LG Chem in actions alleging price-fixing of lithium ion battery cells brought by numerous businesses and consumers in both class and individual actions.
- Smith v. Continental Casualty Corp. – Defending CNA against a putative consumer class action alleging breach of long-term care insurance contracts.
- First Impressions v. National Milk Producers Federation - Defending Land O’Lakes in federal antitrust class actions alleging that dairy farmers and cooperatives engaged in a conspiracy to limit the supply of milk.
- In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation – Defended LG Electronics Inc. in actions alleging price-fixing of optical disk drives brought by numerous businesses and consumers in both class and individual actions.
- Sansone v. Donahoe –tried employment discrimination case to a jury verdict for maximum damages allowed under statute as pro-bono counsel for plaintiff in conjunction with Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights.
- Healthcare Insurance Cost-Recovery Litigation – Representing major provider of health insurance in actions to recover unnecessary or excessive expenditures on drugs and medical devices.
- In re: Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation – Representing major purchasers of rail freight shipping services in antitrust litigation against railroads to recover overpayments due to price-fixing conspiracy.
- False Advertising and Consumer Protection – Assisted in the resolution of consumer fraud and false advertising allegations brought by state agency against major petrochemical company.
- Criminal Antitrust Investigation – Resolved without charges a criminal antitrust investigation by Department of Justice into former auto industry sales executive.
- Merger review - Assisted industrial goods company in responding to a second request for information from the Federal Trade Commission concerning its potential acquisition of a competitor.
- Ben Waldin quoted in StarTribune article, "UnitedHealth Pushes Back in Whistleblower Case"April 2018
- Ben Waldin quoted in Modern Healthcare article, "Sutter Lawsuit Could Spur Scrutiny on Consolidated Healthcare Markets"April 2018
- Ben Waldin quoted in Modern Healthcare article, "Justice Department Faces Uphill Battle In Medicare Advantage False Billing Cases"March 1, 2018
- Ben Waldin and Jacob Hamann quoted in Bloomberg BNA’s Daily Labor Report article, “Postal Worker Wins $1.1 Million in Disability Case"October 16, 2017
- Oct. 2017 - Eimer Stahl Lawyers Win Over $1 Million for Pro Bono Client in Disability Discrimination Case
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- U.S. Data Preservation IssuesApril 17, 2018
- Product Liability, Consumer Fraud, and Product LabelingSeptember 2017
- Class Actions and Multidistrict Litigation
- Commercial/Contract Litigation
- Consumer Fraud
- Counseling and Compliance
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations
- Criminal Actions and Government Investigations / Antitrust
- Individual and Class Civil Litigation
- Internal Investigations and Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions