Our practice includes a wide range of class actions and multidistrict litigation, spanning the environmental, products liability, and consumer fraud areas. We have defended clients in the petrochemical, consumer products, insurance, financial services, medical device and chemical industries, in cases brought in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Defending a major oil refiner against a host of federal and state court actions filed by local and state governments and private water suppliers alleging that the oil industry’s use of MTBE in gasoline contaminated groundwater and drinking water resources (In re MTBE Litigation)
- Defeating class certification in a lawsuit against gasoline manufacturers by Florida boat owners who claimed that their boats’ engines and fuel systems were damaged by ethanol-blended fuel (Kelecseny v. Chevron, et al.)
- Defending an insurer in a purported nationwide class action on behalf of its long-term care insurance policyholders, challenging claims-handling standards and practices, and alleging fraud and breach of contract (Gardner, et al. v. CNA Financial Corp., et.al.)
- Representing an electronics company in a nationwide class action on behalf of all purchasers of eight different models of smart phones, alleging breach of warranty, fraud, and breach of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act (Liebler, et al. v. LG Electronics)
- Representing insurers in RICO and antitrust litigation brought in multidistrict proceedings challenging the sale of commercial insurance of various types (In re Insurance Brokerage Antitrust Litigation)