Eimer Stahl is pleased to announce that Jacob Hamann has been elevated from Stakeholder to Partner, effective January 1, 2022.
Jake has experience in a variety of complex commercial matters in both federal and state courts, including cases involving commercial torts, antitrust, and insurance as well as class actions and multidistrict litigations. Recent successes of his include:
- Defending a group of corporate affiliates in federal court in Delaware against a series of fraudulent transfer actions, in which creditors of foreign sovereign parent corporation seek to hold affiliates liable based on alleged transfers in excess of $2 billion.
- Served as trial counsel to a Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against a major business partner.
- Defended against class action in the Northern District of Illinois in which Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendants, manufacturers of containerboard which is used to make cardboard boxes, conspired to restrict the supply of containerboard in order to increase the price.
- Defended LG Electronics Inc. in actions alleging price-fixing of optical disk drives brought by numerous businesses and consumers in both class and individual actions.
- Tried employment discrimination case to a jury verdict for maximum damages allowed under statute as pro-bono counsel for plaintiff in conjunction with Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights.
Before joining Eimer Stahl, Jake served as a law clerk to the Honorable Philip P. Simon of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. He received his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School and his B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
“We are thrilled to add Jake to our partnership,” said co-founding Eimer Stahl Partner, Nate Eimer. “He is a strong advocate for our clients and embodies the professionalism, enthusiasm, and collaborative spirit at Eimer Stahl. We look forward to working with Jake as he continues to contribute to the success of our clients and firm.”