Eimer Stahl's attorneys have decades of experience in litigating high-stakes civil and criminal antitrust matters, guiding clients through government investigations and transaction pre-clearance review, and offering creative solutions to the most complex antitrust issues. Our antitrust practice is global in scope, and we have successfully defended leading national and international corporations in significant private class action litigation in a wide range of industries, including the energy, electronics, technology, agriculture, insurance, and manufacturing sectors. We also have defended corporate and individual clients in numerous grand jury antitrust investigations and before state and federal enforcement agencies. Eimer Stahl combines this unparalleled experience with a uniquely innovative and strategic approach to antitrust litigation, consistently striving to deliver the best results to our clients in their most challenging endeavors.
Eimer Stahl is consistently recognized as a national leader in Antitrust Law.
Chambers & Partners
- Since 2003, Eimer Stahl's Antitrust practice has earned kudos from Chambers USA, which has commended it for its "outstanding antitrust partners" (2014), the "high caliber of its trial attorneys" (2012), and its "widely respected antitrust practice" (2008).
- The firm is "highly regarded boutique firm specializing in antitrust law and excelling at litigation…and often noted for its creative solutions" (2019) and is continually regarded as "a tremendously trusted and valued legal partner." (2020)
- Chambers USA has also noted that "the antitrust group is known for its emphasis on litigation, and is also active in M&A and merger matters; peers say its compact size does not hold it back." (2009) "Clients regularly turn to it for high-stakes class action antitrust litigation."
- The firm, ”is very sophisticated, knowledgeable and talented” (2015), is "routinely sought to handle complex and high-value antitrust disputes" (2013) and musters "an impressive team with a talented group of experienced antitrust practitioners at the helm, who really know how to get the job done." (2011)
- Clients praise the firm's "intellectual horsepower." "They are very smart people and very experienced in antitrust." (2018)
- Widely acknowledged to be one of the best antitrust lawyers in the nation, founding partner Nate Eimer is one of two antitrust lawyers in Illinois and one of three antitrust lawyers in the country to receive a "Star" rating from Chambers USA in 2018 and 2019. Star individuals are "among the crème de la crème – the standard by which others are judged. . . Their reputation is cultivated through a long history of excellence," says Chambers USA. "Additionally, they have managed to change the legal landscape in dramatic ways." (2014)
- "A very strong antitrust boutique firm." (2012)
U.S. News & World Report - Best Lawyers
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" ranks the firm’s Antitrust Law and Antitrust Litigation practices among the best in Chicago – and in the nation.
- Listed for Antitrust Law and Antitrust Litigation, Nate Eimer received praise for his "knowledgeable and responsive” and "coolheaded and practical" approach. Included in Best Lawyers every year since 2006, Nate Eimer was named a "Lawyer of the Year" for 2020, 2018, 2014, 2013 and 2011.
- Co-founder David Stahl, who was also listed in Best Lawyers' 2015 edition for Antitrust Law, is described by a client as a "gifted communicator" with "tremendous integrity and terrific presence in the courtroom."
- Nate Eimer was named the #1 Antitrust Lawyer in Chicago in 2014 by Leading Lawyers and was recognized among the top 10 antitrust lawyers in Illinois from 2014-2019. Eimer Stahl antitrust practitioners Brent Austin, Mike McCluggage, Nate Eimer and Vanessa Jacobsen were recognized as Illinois Leading Lawyers in 2017. Dan Birk was also featured as an Illinois Emerging Lawyer in 2017.
CITGO Petroleum Corporation
CNA Financial Corporation
The Dow Chemical Company
Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation
International Paper Company
Land O’Lakes, Inc.
LG Chem Ltd.
LG Display Co., Ltd.
LG Electronics, Inc.
Schreiber Foods, Inc.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company