Hong Joon Lee is of counsel at Eimer Stahl LLP. Before joining Eimer Stahl, Hong was an associate at Williams Montgomery & John Ltd.
He is working on the intersection of the practice of law, big data analysis and various applications of machine learning. He has extensive experience in the uses of technology assisted review in the process of ediscovery, such as predictive coding and the application of technology assisted review tools to reviews that feature collections with multiple languages.
Hong has successfully managed multiple document reviews using technology assisted review tools, such as predictive coding. He has also been involved in planning and implementing the use of technology assisted review tools during early case assessment, internal investigations, and for case development during litigation. Hong is intensely interested in identifying and using state of the art e-discovery tools to conduct litigation as effectively and as cost-efficiently as possible.
- In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation, Northern District of California, MDL No. 2420: Direct and indirect class- and direct-action antitrust lawsuits concerning alleged price-fixing of lithium-ion battery cells and lithium ion batteries.
- Represented clients in anti-trust litigation brought in federal courts, including litigation pending in the Northern District of California arising out of the sale of Optical Disk Drives.
- In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, MDL 2002: Direct and indirect class and direct action antitrust lawsuits regarding alleged supply restriction in the eggs industry.
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., et al. v. United Egg Producers, et al., District Court of Wyandotte County, Kansas, Case No. 10-CV-2171: Direct action antitrust lawsuit by multiple plaintiffs under the Kansas Restraint of Trade Act.
- Class action litigation in which plaintiffs alleged various consumer fraud claims against an electronics manufacturer regarding the storage capacity of certain smartphones.
Honors & Recognitions
Member of firm’s ediscovery committee
- Anatomy of a Technology Assisted Review OrderChicago, Illinois, 09.30.2015
- The Impact of 2015 Federal Rules of Civil Procedure on eDiscoveryChicago, Illinois, 07.31.2015
J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2000
B.A., University of Michigan, 1996
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Joe B. McDade in the Central District of Illinois, Peoria Division
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois