A better approach to eDiscovery
EimerStahl Discovery Solutions llc (ESDS) is a world class eDiscovery services provider that allows our affiliated law firm, Eimer Stahl LLP, to effectively leverage legal talent and eDiscovery expertise in large scale matters. ESDS successfully developed a sophisticated array of eDiscovery practices and services, including the implementation and use of cutting-edge technology, to more cost effectively handle large scale litigation. Eimer Stahl was one of the first law firms in the United States to recognize the value of applying conceptual and predictive analytics to large scale document reviews and productions and to successfully utilize these techniques in active litigation. We gained success and renown in negotiating one of the first eDiscovery orders for the use of predictive coding in litigation (Edwards v. National Milk Producers Federation) as well as demonstrating the ability to handle large cases with a fraction of the resources used by our competitors. As an early adopter of advanced eDiscovery technologies, ESDS is uniquely positioned to lead and advise clients on effective and cost-efficient discovery strategies. ESDS is led by Jen Polzer, who, with 17 years of experience, is a leader in eDiscovery Project Management, Jen focuses on reducing the costs and risks associated with the discovery process, optimizing the use of online document review tools, providing strategic assistance throughout the lifecycle of the EDRM, and providing education in overall eDiscovery best practices.
Our eDiscovery Advantage
ESDS leverages the best talent, practices, and technology to provide world class eDiscovery solutions. Our unique eDiscovery advantage includes:
- Highest Level of Client Service
- Recognized Elite Experts in eDiscovery
- Best of Breed Technology and Best Practices
- Innovative Use of Legal and Technical Project Management
- Agility to Immediately Respond to Clients’ Case Requirements
ESDS uses the leading e-discovery platform, Relativity®One as an end-to end eDiscovery solution. Relativity®One is the most recent and advanced offering from Relativity®, widely recognized as the global leader in e-discovery technology. Our end-to-end eDiscovery capabilities include initial data triage, data processing, early case assessment, data hosting, and document production.
ESDS continues to stay ahead of industry trends utilizing Relativity®One. Relativity®One has deep analytic capabilities and machine learning functionality, allowing ESDS to handle even the most voluminous and complex data sets efficiently and cost-effectively. ESDS and ES litigators collaborate in utilizing advanced analytic tools in Relativity and other advanced functionality that allows for preliminary data analysis, narrow the data sets that are to be reviewed and expedite Review completion.
Managed Document Review
ESDS and ES litigators also have strategized and developed workflows that are repetitive and defensible and allow for efficiencies to offer clients cost –effective Managed Document Review services. This may include contract attorney hosting, attorney supervision and support, implementation of process and supervision of review conducted by contract or other attorneys. We also offer substantive quality control of the review process. Our Managed Document Review services include:
- Planning and Preparing for Document Review Process
- Screening and Assembling Document Review Team
- Developing Document Review Instructions and Protocols
- Utilizing Advanced Analytics and Assisted Review Technology Providing Substantive and Technical Training
- Document production deliverables in accordance to agreed format by counsel/parties.
Eimer Stahl attorneys have vast experience in the most complicated discovery matters and can provide a broad range of discovery-related services, including:
- Effective and Efficient Responses to Various Types of Discovery Requests
- Development of ESI and Technology Assisted Review Protocols
- Development and Coordination of Document Production Procedures and Policies
- Development of Appropriate Technology Assisted Review and Other Advanced Search Techniques Tailored to Individual Cases
- Compliance and Best Practices Training