Greg Schweizer is a stakeholder at Eimer Stahl LLP. His practice includes representations in complex commercial and contract litigation, antitrust disputes, internal investigations, and international arbitration. Greg also has an active pro bono practice representing victims of hate crimes and working to protect voting rights. Greg serves as a founding board member of the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights’ NextGen Leadership Council for Civil Rights, and as a board member of the ACLU of Illinois’ Next Generation Society. Prior to joining the firm, Greg served as a law clerk to the Honorable Cheryl Ann Krause of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Defending a group of corporate affiliates in federal court in Delaware against a series of fraudulent transfer actions, in which creditors of a foreign sovereign parent corporation seek to hold affiliates liable based on alleged transfers in excess of $2 billion.
- Defended against class action in the Northern District of Illinois in which Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendants, manufacturers of containerboard which is used to make cardboard boxes, conspired to restrict the supply of containerboard in order to increase the price.
- Represented defendant company in consolidated antitrust suit by purported indirect purchasers alleging price fixing of urethane chemicals.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company conducting an internal investigation of an alleged breach of company ethics policy related to the vendor selection process for a multi-million dollar project.
- Represents a life insurance company in a suit alleging that a nearly-century old state statute requires the company to pay a very substantial proportion of its retained earnings as dividends to policyholders under a novel and unprecedented interpretation of insurance law (despite the absence of any prior enforcement by the state’s insurance regulatory body).
- October 2018
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2015
- Articles Committee Editor, Stanford Law Review
B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2011,
- summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Cheryl Ann Krause of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit