Alec Solotorovsky is a skilled trial lawyer who handles cases nationwide, including jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations. Alec is also an experienced counselor providing advice on pre-litigation matters. His practice is focused on business disputes (including commercial contracts, M&A transactions, and post-employment restrictive covenants) and antitrust matters. Alec has significant experience in international arbitration, leading briefing and expert development and conducting high-stakes cross examinations in many of Eimer Stahl’s recent international arbitration matters.
Before joining Eimer Stahl, Alec was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
- Confidential Arbitration (International Chamber of Commerce 2022) – Trial counsel to Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against major business partner.
- Confidential Arbitration (American Arbitration Association – International Center for Dispute Resolution 2022) – Trial counsel to Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against major business partner.
- Confidential Arbitration (International Chamber of Commerce 2019) – Trial counsel to Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against major business partner.
- Country Visions Cooperative v. United Cooperative and Archer Daniels Midland (Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin 2018) – Trial counsel to defendants in lawsuit over valuation and profits of grain facility.
- Abbott-Alere Merger Litigation (Del. Ch. 2017) – Managed expert case for Abbott Laboratories in merger dispute with seller over material adverse events.
- In re Aeropostale, Inc. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, S.D.N.Y. 2016) – Trial counsel to private equity firm in dispute where debtor sought equitable subordination of $150 million secured claim and denial of credit bidding.
- The Boeing Company v. KB Yuyhnoye, et al. (C.D. Cal. 2015) – Trial counsel to Boeing in dispute with former business partners related to satellite launching venture.
- Barkman Honey, LLC v. Arlen Penner, et al. (Wichita, Kansas 2015) – Trial counsel to sponsor-backed honey processor in noncompete and trade secret dispute.
- In re Fundamental Long Term Care, Inc. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, M.D. Fla. 2014) – Represented private equity firm in trial of fiduciary breach claims related to failure of nursing home business.
- Polycom, Inc. v. Sun Capital Partners V, L.P., et al. (Del. Ch. 2012) – Represented private equity firm in merger dispute arising from seller’s loss of key customers for wireless handset product.
- Stone & Webster, Inc. v. Public Service Company of Colorado d/b/a XCEL Energy (Denver, Colorado 2010) – Represented contractor in trial of delay and disruption claim against owner on $1 billion power project.
- Citadel Investment Group v. Teza Technologies (Cook County, Illinois 2009) – Represented financial institution in trial of claims against former managers of high-frequency trading business who left to start competing business.
- Pro Bono: Caldwell v. Snyders; McMillan v. Ghosh; Carter v. Dart; Daval v. Zahtz (N.D. Ill. 2012-2022); Gidarisingh v. Bittelman (W.D. Wis. 2015) Represented prisoners in civil rights claims. Won jury trial of Eighth Amendment excessive force claim.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., University of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)