Alec is an experienced trial lawyer who has handled cases nationwide, including jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations. Alec is also an experienced counselor providing advice on pre-litigation matters. Alec’s practice is focused on business disputes (including commercial contracts, M&A transactions, and post-employment restrictive covenants) and antitrust matters. Before joining Eimer Stahl, Alec was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
- Confidential Arbitration (International Chamber of Commerce 2022) – Trial counsel to Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against major business partner.
- Confidential Arbitration (American Arbitration Association – International Center for Dispute Resolution 2022) – Trial counsel to Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against major business partner.
- Confidential Arbitration (International Chamber of Commerce 2019) – Trial counsel to Fortune 100 company in breach of contract dispute against major business partner.
- Country Visions Cooperative v. United Cooperative and Archer Daniels Midland (Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin 2018) – Trial counsel to defendants in lawsuit over valuation and profits of grain facility.
- Abbott-Alere Merger Litigation (Del. Ch. 2017) – Managed expert case for Abbott Laboratories in merger dispute with seller over material adverse events.
- In re Aeropostale, Inc. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, S.D.N.Y. 2016) – Trial counsel to private equity firm in dispute where debtor sought equitable subordination of $150 million secured claim and denial of credit bidding.
- The Boeing Company v. KB Yuyhnoye, et al. (C.D. Cal. 2015) – Trial counsel to Boeing in dispute with former business partners related to satellite launching venture.
- Barkman Honey, LLC v. Arlen Penner, et al. (Wichita, Kansas 2015) – Trial counsel to sponsor-backed honey processor in noncompete and trade secret dispute.
- In re Fundamental Long Term Care, Inc. (U.S. Bankruptcy Court, M.D. Fla. 2014) – Represented private equity firm in trial of fiduciary breach claims related to failure of nursing home business.
- Polycom, Inc. v. Sun Capital Partners V, L.P., et al. (Del. Ch. 2012) – Represented private equity firm in merger dispute arising from seller’s loss of key customers for wireless handset product.
- Stone & Webster, Inc. v. Public Service Company of Colorado d/b/a XCEL Energy (Denver, Colorado 2010) – Represented contractor in trial of delay and disruption claim against owner on $1 billion power project.
- Citadel Investment Group v. Teza Technologies (Cook County, Illinois 2009) – Represented financial institution in trial of claims against former managers of high-frequency trading business who left to start competing business.
- Pro Bono: Caldwell v. Snyders; McMillan v. Ghosh; Carter v. Dart (N.D. Ill. 2012-2017); Gidarisingh v. Bittelman (W.D. Wis. 2015) Represented prisoners in civil rights claims. Won jury trial of Eighth Amendment excessive force claim.